WHO AM I?
Josh. I’m a student at Penn State University, studying to be an English high school teacher. I am also an aspiring author. I’m in the middle of writing my own books called The Altered Series. It’s a story about a group of misfits who have amazing abilities, lingering curses, and are constantly being hunted by a demented government. I know that is a vague description, but I’m not one to give much away. Someday I hope to be published, but until then, I’ll keep blogging (and will still probably blog if I get published). I do have a passionate dream to see my series become movies. Bold and ambitious, I know, but hey…reach for the stars, right? In short, I’m kind of dorky, kind of a nerd, but aren’t we all in our own little way? You can get to know WHO I am by reading the my blog. If you want to know WHAT I am…well, you can click here.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
This blog will consist of many things such as life topics, random events (usually weird events) that I have experienced, excerpts of stories I have written, and mainly? Reviews. Lots and lots of reviews. I watch half of the shows that TV has to offer, and most of the movies that are out there. I’m a HUGE TV/Movie buff. I haven’t seen everything, and am always open to recommendations. I love to read all kinds of books, mainly fiction, and I do play a few video games here and there when time permits (Xbox 360 and Playstation 3). Naturally, I prefer games with epic stories. I am not a professional by any means when it comes to reviews, but I try to be fair in my assessments. You can expect movie reviews (mainly current movies), TV episode reviews, book reviews, and a few game reviews. Sound fun?
Now you know what this blog is all about, when can you expect new posts on each topic? Let me explain…
- Life Blogs: This will be random, but you can probably expect a post in this area once or twice a month (maybe more). It mainly depends on occurrences in my life. I’d say once every two weeks, I’ll try to post in this category.
- Movie Picks/Reviews: At the end of every month, I will be picking out three or more movies to expect in the upcoming month. I will explain my expectations and opinions on future releases. That being said, when the movie hits theaters, I’ll go out and see it. Once I see the movie, I will post a review. So you can expect posts here weekly, in conjuncture with the release of the movie picks.
- Book Reviews: I will try to read one book a month (usually a fiction book), and post a review here once a month. If you have any book suggestions, be sure to let me know! I’ll check it out.
- TV Reviews: I will be reviewing particular shows every week they air. It may include a short review or an in depth one and it WILL contain spoilers. At the same time, I might review a TV series as a whole (as I have done with LOST). Now, so far I am reviewing one show, and I am open to suggestions. If there is a show that you want me to write a weekly summary/review on, let me know. You can expect a review every week an episode airs. What show am I currently reviewing?
- Once Upon A Time
- Once Upon A Time
- Game Reviews: This one will kick-off sometime in March once I beat Mass Effect 3 (releasing March 6th). Look for this section then. (Unless a suggestion is offered before then)
- Books I Wrote: This is a category that will also be unpredictable. It all varies on when I complete a book. I can’t put a time stamp on this section.
- Adventures at Penn State: This is where you can follow all the adventures and experiences I encounter while I’m adjusting to my transition to Penn State. At the end of every week, there will be a new post detailing the events that transpired during that week–detailing how I survived.
Besides the links I have offered on this page, the links to each of the categories are listed on the right side and the top of my blog. Browse around, get a feel for the structure of my blog. If there are any suggestions, be sure to let me know. I hope this helps you, as my readers, to know when to expect a new post. Basically, you can expect a few different categorical posts every month. Don’t forget to subscribe by e-mail to my blog to receive notifications whenever I post something! You can do that by clicking SIGN ME UP underneath the EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION column on the right side of my blog!